Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sweet and Spicy Egg Salad

Egg salad is not an exciting or new meal, but this recipe I came up with is way to good to keep to myself.  My husband doesn't like plain old egg salad, so I've been playing around with a new recipe every time I make it.  I went to town in the kitchen and kicked it up a notch!  It's very zesty!


I put green pepper in the egg salad only because I didn't have celery, and it tasted really good!


This pepper relish is fantastic.  I only ever mixed it with cream cheese before to make a dip.  I found it in my cupboard and thought it might be good with egg salad...it was good, and would be good with pretty much anything in my book.


Sweet and Spicy Egg Salad
Serves 4
Six hard boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
one small onion, finely diced
1/2 C. mayo (I used light mayo)
1 T. prepared mustard
1/2 C. green pepper, diced
1/8 t. cayenne
1/4 t.salt
1/4 t. pepper
Sweet n' Hot Pepper & Onion Relish
lettuce
eight slices of bread

In a large bowl, mix the eggs, onion, mayo, mustard, green pepper, cayenne, salt, and pepper.  Stir until combined.  Scoop egg salad onto bread and top with the pepper relish and lettuce.  Devour.

No comments:

Post a Comment