Saturday, June 11, 2011

Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Bake

Are you looking for something special for breakfast?  I always am, which is why I concocted this deliciousness!  I had some cinnamon rolls in my freezer from the last time I made homemade cinnamon rolls. I tried a new recipe and wasn't crazy about it.  Unfortunately, it made a lot and I had to freeze half of them.  I decided to put those rolls to good use and turned them into something else...and I can now say they have transformed into something delectable!  I know that it is a rare case to have rejected cinnamon rolls lying around the house, so prepackaged or refrigerated ones from the grocery store would be just as good.  This dish is very easy to throw together and reminds me of french toast casserole.  It would be perfect for overnight guests or a special treat during the week!


Here is the rejected, bland cinnamon rolls.  Tear them into bite size pieces.


Add the eggs, milk, cream, sugar, vanilla, and salt to a bowl.


Whisk the ingredients together.


 Pour over torn up cinnamon rolls.  Cover and refrigerate over night.


Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.  Dot with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.


Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 45-55 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.  Serve warm with maple syrup.


Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Bake
1 package or dish of baked cinnamon rolls
8 eggs, beaten
2 C. milk
1 C. heavy cream
1/4 C. sugar
1 t. vanilla
3/4 t. salt
Topping:
2 T. butter
3 T. sugar
2 t. cinnamon
Tear cinnamon rolls into bite size pieces.  Place in a greased 9x13 in. baking dish.  In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, cream, sugar, vanilla, and salt.  Pour over cinnamon rolls.  Cover and refrigerate over night.  Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.  Dot with butter.  Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.  Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 45-55 minutes or until knife comes out clean.  Let stand 5-10 minutes.  Serve with maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment